Celebrate Songkran Day along Chao Phraya River in the Water Festival 2015
Songkran festival will be more fun this year in the Water Festival with loaded of fun activities, cultural events and delicious Thai food. The festival will be held along Chao Phraya River during 13 – 15 April 2015. Visitors will be enjoying free shuttle boat rides, hopping on and off from 7 main piers during the 3-day event.
Part of the Thainess to the World campaign by Thai Government, the Water Festival 2015 aims to promote Thai heritage, way of life, arts and culture. Visitors will enjoy browsing interesting places like famous temples, fresh flowers market and many more.
The highlight venues are the 4 famous temples: Wat Phra Chetuphon (Wat Pho); Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn); Wat Kalayanamitr and Wat Prayunwongsawat. Visitors can participate in numerous cultural activities like Thai traditional games (Sepaktakraw ball), Pouring water on Buddha statues, Thai kite show, Klong Yao (long drum) parade, traditional pouring of water onto the elderly in the local community, and writing of Chinese Blessings.
Shopping, food and night fair are 3 other things that festivals in Thailand will not miss to include. There will be variety of local Thai traditional products, Thai delicate sweets, fresh flowers and many more.
Free boat shuttle service provided in 7 main piers (Tha Tien Pier (Wat Pho), Yodpiman River Walk Pier, Maharaj Pier, Asiatique The Riverfront Pier, Wat Arun Pier, Wat Kalayanamitr Pier and Wat Prayunwongsawat Pier) which will be divided into 2 routes:
1. Morning route starts from 09:00 – 18.00 hrs.
- Asiatique The Riverfront > Sathorn > Yodpiman River Walk (boat leaves every 30 minutes)
- Yodpiman River Walk > Sathorn > Asiatique The Riverfront (boat leaves every 30 minutes)
- Yodpiman River Walk > Tha Tien Pier (Wat Pho) > Maharaj Pier > Wat Arun > Wat Kalayanamitr > Wat Prayunwongsawat (boat leaves every 15 minutes)
2. Dinner route starts from 16:00 – 24:00 hrs. (boat leaves every 20 minutes)
- Asiatique The Riverfront > Sathorn > Maharaj Pier
- Maharaj Pier > Sathorn > Asiatique The Riverfront
For further information, contact 1672 Tourism Authority of Thailand call centre.