Official venues to celebrate Loi Krathong 2013
The Tourism Authority of Thailand just announced, 1 November, its official venues for celebrating national scale festival of Loi Krathong in seven venues across Thailand starting from 10 November onward.
Due to the passing of Thailand Supreme Patriarch, TAT will still organise the Loi Krathong festival but in a much smaller scale. However, tourists can still enjoy the festival of light in seven venues across Thailand, they are:
- Chiang Mai: 10 – 18 November at the Chiang Mai Municipality, Thapae Gate, Lanna Historical Museum in Mueang district.
- Sukhothai: 13 – 17 November at Sukhothai Historical Park in Mueang district.
- Bangkok: 15 – 17 November at ASIATIQUE the Riverfront on Chareon Krung Road.
- Tak: 15- 20 November at the Rattanakosin 200 Years Bridge in Mueang district.
- Ayutthaya: 17 November at Wat Th Ka RongIn Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya district.
- Samut Songkranm: 17 November at the King Rama II Memorial and ParkWat Phumrinkudeethong in Amphawa district.
- Suphanburi: 17 November at the Tha Chin River in Mueang district.
Note this were the venues for Loi Krathong 2013. Check the venues for Loi Krathong 2014 here.